Hi guys! It’s hard to type my happy Monday as the entire nation is under a very stressful time. I mentioned on my instagram stories that I want to keep things light on my channels but I also want to provide some things to help you get thru this time at home. Today I will be sharing lots of fun affordable spring style from Target, but also a couple recipes. Tomorrow I will be sharing my daily hour by hour plan for Olivia’s homeschooling and I have lots more ideas to come.
This adorable dress is spring perfection. I love the loose effortless fit and how perfect is it for Easter? I paired it with my go to spring sandals and the cutest bag that I also picked up at Target. If you want to add more structure to the look, belt the dress with this adorable belt.
Here are three recipes for you guys to try out sometime! The hash is super filling and can be altered to any diet needs. The Pot Roast is something I have cooked for YEARS and I actually do not like pot roast. It is a great meal to throw together in the morning when you know you have a busy day ahead. The Salmon tacos are a new recipe that I LOVE! I love Torchys Salmon tacos but wanted to make them at home and came up with this recipe.
Chicken Sausage Hash
Ingredients (Feeds 4 people)
1 package of Chicken Sausage
3 Sweet Potatoes
1 Yellow Onion
2 Bell Peppers (1 Red and 1 Yellow)
2 Cups of fresh chopped Broccoli
1 cup of chopped Cherry Tomatoes
1. Preheat ove to 425
2. Chop all the ingredients. I keep the skin on all items. Set aside tomatoes
3. Toss everything in Olive Oil.
4.. Put all ingredients on 2 sheet pans
5. Cook for approx 30-35 min
6. Cook chopped chicken sausage in a skillet until brown.
7. After mixture is cooked, toss the Cherry Tomatoes on top of mixture and broil for 2-3 min.
8. Fry your eggs to your preference in the sausage grease.
9 Plate mixture with sausage and then top with egg. Drizzle with hot sauce and enjoy!
Delish Crockpot Pot Roast (for someone that does not like pot roast ;))
1 onion, chopped
4 small red potatoes, quartered
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 rutabaga peeled and chopped
1 3lb chuck roast
3 tbsp of flour
1 15oz can of tomato sauce
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons of chili powder
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Put all veggies at the bottom of the crockpot.
2. Rub the flour all over the chuck roast and salt and pepper it. Place the meat over the veggies.
3. Whisk together the tomato sauce, brown sugar, and seasonings. Pour mixture over beef.
4.Cover and cook on low for 12 hours or High for 8 hours (I cooked it on high for 1.5 hours and on low for 7)
2 pieces of Salmon
1 package of fish seasoning (I like Riega Organic)
1 package of corn tortillas
2 cans of sweet kettle corn
1/2 cup of chopped Cilantro
Pico (I get store made)
1. Preheat over to 400
2. Pat dry your salmon and top with fish seasoning.
3. Cook Salmon for approx 12 minutes or until done.
4. While Salmon cooks, cook the corn in a skillet with 1 tbsp of butter until it starts to get charred.
5. Slice Avocado and limes
6. Assemble the taco by placing salmon on bottom, then top with pico, corn, avocado and squeeze lime over the top.