Shop the Look
Today I am sharing another fun fall transition look with Nordstrom! When I first spotted this gorgeous floral cami, I knew it would be the perfect piece to wear now and into the fall season. The print is a beautiful warm floral print and the black lace trim is the perfect touch. I am always looking for cardigans and when they are long, waterfall, and cream… well you can bet they are coming to live in my closet. Cream cardigans are hands down the most versatile and THIS one is extremely flattering. I paired it with my favorite denim, and open toe sandals for dinner night with the fam, but the same look will be super cute with booties or OTK boots into the fall.
Heads Up- The color says “light grey” for the cardi, but it is off-white. The sizing chart also suggests that it runs small, but I am wearing the XS and its pretty loose. I would definitely stick to your normal size.
Below I am sharing a few of my tips for dressing for the tricky transition time.
Tips For Fall Transition Dressing
- Layers– Depending on where you live, from early to late September the weather can be a bit tricky. Cool Mornings, hot afternoons and back to cool nights. The best tip I have is to dress in layers. My Cardigans, Kimonos and lightweight jackets are constantly on repeat during this time of year. Pair your favorite summer dress with a neutral cardigan and booties for a more fall like look.
- Summer Styles in Fall Colors– I have found so many pieces already that are perfect for the summer heat but are in gorgeous fall shades. The cami I styled above is a perfect example, THIS romper, and THESE shorts are perfect too!
- Sweaters with Shorts– Pairing sweaters with shorts is one of my favorite looks. My pointer is to keep the sweaters oversized and always pair the look with booties.
- Basics are KING– Keep it simple! There is plenty of time to pile on the layers when the weather DOES get cold. Stock up on basic tees, utility jackets, a leather moto jacket, and striped layering pieces to extend your summer wardrobe.
- Fall Beauty- If summer is planning on sticking around where you live clear into Fall season then treat yourself to a pretty fall manicure, a yummy fall smelling lotion or a fall shade of lipstick (my fav is Mac’s Captive.)
- Mixing Colors– Pairing summer hues with fall colors is one of my favorite ways to transition into the new season. Blush and Burgundy, Cream and White, Cobalt and Burgundy, White denim with any Fall hue, and Army Green and blush are a few to try!
Have a great day guys and see you back here tomorrow! xoxo Tara
Shop the Post
*Thank you to Nordstrom + Reward Style for sponsoring todays post.